Friday, June 13, 2008

Thing 2: What is Library 2.0

I have tried to make time here and there to read the blogs and articles for this "Thing" As they say, it must be something you choose to do. With so many other tasks piling up you have to just do it. This could be and endless job. One thing leads to another and there are links and links to click on sending you into an infinite number of possible readings. From the comments on John Blyberg's blog entry I found not a comment, but a link to another blog that mentions his article (I ought to figure out how that works) Anyway, this blog is called Libodyssey and the article is "Library 2.o, or why I'm not running off to join the cult just yet" and gives many different views on the topic. I guess in many ways it's just a label and what we really need to do is serve our patrons the best we can. I'd like to learn more web tools and see if they will help me do that. I use the internet a lot for ordering books. I've used BookLetters to create booklists for the library (another thing I'd like to have more time for) however, I have not contributed to any of our library's blogs. I look forward to learning some new things. Enough of the articles, let's get down to business!

No comments: